The Belt Bible
Posted on August 03 2021
1. In very general terms, a thinner belt will make your waist look thinner - that's a very important one to remember.
2. Belts are great to highlight a waist and add shape, but if you don't have a waist, don't wear a belt. An exception to this is the Obi Belt, which can sometimes define a waist where there isn't one, just remember to cinch and tie them quite firmly. Obi Belts are usually made of leather or fabric.
4. A belt will highlight the area where you wear it, so if you are narrow through the hips wear a belt on your hips. If you are more of an hourglass with a smaller waist, wear a belt on your waist.
5. Choose your belt like you do all your other accessories. If you are more conservative don't try and make a wide boho belt with a turquoise buckle work with your wardrobe.
6. If you only buy one belt, buy a narrow tan or black one so you can wear it through jeans and skirt loops, and with floaty summer dresses to reel them in and give you some more shape.